Choice Awards Prep

In preparation for the 2011 Newfoundland Labrador Blogger's Choice Awards, I am attempting to achieve many things, and with time winding down before my intended (unannounced) start date for the awards quickly approaching, the pressure to keep working is intensifying. Of course, it's more excitement than stress I should point out. I'm just ecstatic to get this thing on the go! In the meantime, I should cool my jets for a moment and take a break from the tinkering to fill you in on what I've been working on.

Shortlisted
As posted in the Bloggers Choice Awards section, 50 blogs  have now been shortlisted. I will be finalizing the list of 30 (3 per category) as soon as possible. There are still some promotional and information items I'll have to take care of when the finalists are selected and time is running out. The thing is, it's rather difficult finalizing the list with so many awesome blogs to choose from.

Categorical Update
The most work I have to take care of before the dust settles within the awards, is finishing off the category pages that I've been working on. For those who don't know, I've been developing stand alone pages for the 10 categories we have within the BlogRoll here, each with a dedicated list of all the blogs found in that category. The intention is for a better browsing experience.

And just because I'm excited; if you'd like a sneak peak of what these pages are going to look like, check out a rough version of the Politics / Commentary one I've started. Keep in mind that this is not anywhere final, but it will give you an idea of where I'm going.

What's best about these stand alone pages is that it provides an opportunity to further promote the choice bloggers this year and beyond. Each category's page will have promotional items (badges, rss feeds, etc) for winner's blog for the entire year... and who knows where each page will go from there. With each category essentially now having it's own 'blog', the possibilities are endless really... 

I should perhaps remain focused on the awards though. I have to remember that time is short and I am easily distracted... and with that, back at it!