Categorically Speaking

In further preparation for the coming NL Bloggers Choice Awards, I've decided to simplify things a little more within the categories. As they say, 'less is more' and with that thought in mind I've gone ahead and cut the number of categories from 14 down to 10, combining some logical choices. Each mini blogroll in the sidebar for the new listings have been updated, and if you're curious the final list is below:

  • POLITICAL / COMMENTARY
  • PHOTOGRAPHY
  • MIXED BAG
  • PERSONAL / JOURNAL
  • SPORT / RECREATION
  • ART / CRAFT / FOOD
  • ENTERTAINMENT / MEDIA
  • SCIENCE / TECHNOLOGY
  • EDUCATIONAL / BOOKS
  • BUSINESS / TRAVEL

What this now means for the awards, is that we will now be selecting only 10 of the best (as voted by you) blogs found in our community of over 200.

Also, just to keep you in the loop on some of the other items I've been working on; sometime in the near future I'll be launching stand alone pages for each of these new categories. I'm mainly doing this for a better browsing experience within the full site but, this also impacts the choice blogger awards. By that I mean, for each of these categories, the winners will gain a full year of promotion on their corresponding stand alone page: 'ads, links, RSS feeds and whatever else I can think of. Each page will essentially facilitate a new way to promote the choice bloggers and  you gotta love that!

Now... if I could only find the time to get all this done. That's always the struggle but, as I push through it, I'm sure I'll keep you in the know as I always try to do. Stay tuned!