Dion can't win

Alright, I haven’t written anything political in a while. Mostly because I haven’t cared too, but we are in an election so…

Dion and his LPC simply can not win this election. Why?
Because the current LPC strategy is the same strategy they ran unsuccessfully with in 2004 and in 2006. Yes they won a minority in 2004, but they were damn close to losing it until the last two weeks when the Conservatives imploded, giving the Liberals the election.

Constantly compare Harper to Bush. People aren’t buying this load of crap anymore, Canadians have seen Harper in action, and while he is far from perfect he isn’t even close to GB. I can think of a tomato plant in my garden that is closer to Bush then Harper. Bush is an idiot IMHO.
Scare people with the religious right talk, and how these folks dominate the CPC. Really? Well in my experience in the party I can count on one hand that’s short a few fingers, the seriously religious people I’ve met in the party. Most members are normal people, some Atheists, Agnostics, Muslims, Pastafarians, and Hebrew. Funny how we crucify people for being Christian in the party, but ignore comments regarding all other faiths, because then we would seem intolerant. Again Canadians don’t care about the issue. Get over it.
The old hidden agenda card. Yawn. That’s right the CPC is just waiting for that elusive majority government to spring on Canadians their evil plan…..of lowering taxes and being hard on crime.

Stéphane if you want to win this, or at least not bleed your party into oblivion come up with a strategy that produces policies everyone can buy into. They need universal appeal across the spectrum. Raising my taxes and increasing the cost of goods is not going to get my support. I looked, and any income tax savings for me will be as minimal as you can possibly get. How many more manufacturing jobs are going to go over seas because of an added tax burden?

I’m happy with a CPC minority, if the Invisible Pink Unicorn blesses the CPC, and they get a majority, then so be it. It certainly can’t be any worse then the 12 years of a Liberal majority we had to put up with.