Beginning 2011

Now that 2011 has come and the busy holiday season is quickly ending, I can fully concentrate once again on getting things back in order around these parts.  There's still quite a bit of work to do, but I would like to provide some updates on where things stand and whats on the way.

Blog of the Week
After a very long hiatus, this initiative will commence again in one week on January 9th and I will be doing everything in my power to continue from there every single week without any large gaps between postings.

NL Bloggers Choice Award
Sometime in the coming week I will be posting the new rules and regulations for how this awards initiative will continue this year and going forward.  There is still much for me to do before setting out get some votes, but the details on how things will work have been developed and will be shared in the coming days.

Guest Bloggers Initiative
Sometime in the near future, I will be calling for submissions from fellow Bloggers who may be interested in being a guest writers on this blog.  This is intended to be a way of further promoting the great talents which exist in our community here, with full credit and link backs provided within the post. Full details on how this will work continues to float around my brain and will be shared in the near future.

Other Items
In addition to the 3 main initiatives above, there a few other items I have in store. Sometime in the coming months, I'll be posting some blogging tips that I've learned over the years as a way of helping any new bloggers who are just starting out.  I'll also be working on more ways to help cross promote each other, which is something we lost with the closing of BlogRolling.

As you can see, there is still a lot of work to do on this end but the light at the end of the tunnel is somewhat visible.  I can't tell you exactly when all this will be finalized, but what I do know is that as we quickly approach the 5th anniversary of this space, things certainly are shaping up for the better.  Please stay tuned as I unveil everything as it gets developed.